We will walk you through the process of resending a message in macOS Mail. The following information is applicable to Macs running macOS Catalina (10.15), macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), or macOS Sierra (10.12).
- How to Resend a Message in macOS Mail
- Additional Methods for Reusing Text in Email
- Using macOS Mail to Resend Emails
How to Resend a Message in macOS Mail
To resend an email sent from Mac Mail:
- From the Sent folder in the Mail app, select the email you wish to resend.
- From the menu bar, select Message, and then from the drop-down menu, select Send Again to open the email in a new mail window.
Additionally, you can highlight an email in the list and either press Command+Shift+D or right-click and select Send Again from the resulting context menu.
- Make any necessary changes to the message or recipients, then click the Send Message icon to re-send it.
Additionally, you can resend emails from other folders or reuse any email you receive. Bear in mind that when you send a message from an email you received rather than sent, the message is sent from your email address, not the sender’s.
Additional Methods for Reusing Text in Email
You can copy and paste or create text snippets to reuse portions of a message. You can use the Text snippets located at Mail > Edit > Substitutions > Text Replacement to great — and productive — effect in emails you compose in macOS Mail.
Additionally, resending emails simplifies the process of designating and using them as message templates in macOS Mail: all that is required is saving them to a Templates folder.
Using macOS Mail to Resend Emails
With the Mail application included with macOS, you can quickly retrieve a sent email, edit the text or the recipient, and resend it in seconds.
There are numerous reasons why you may wish to resend an email:
- You’re required to send a nearly identical message to another recipient with a minor modification.
- You emailed it to an out-of-date address and now have the correct one.
- An email was returned to you due to a delivery failure, and you wish to resend it.
- You sent an email from the incorrect account, with the incorrect email address in the From header line, in order to unsubscribe from one of those annoying mailing lists hosted by a nitpicking list server.
Reusing an email you sent (or any email) is particularly simple in Apple’s macOS Mail application. You can resend previously sent messages or emails. You have the option of editing the text or changing the recipient before the email is sent.