You may want to recall an email if you made a mistake, omitted information, or sent it to the wrong recipient. You can undo send emails in Gmail within a time restriction. This article will show you how to unsend an email in Gmail on a PC, Android, or iPhone. We also covered how to recall an email after 30 seconds.
You can recall an email sent in Gmail within 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds. It delays the email by a few seconds before sending it. In the meantime, you can edit or delete your email.
It operates for 5 seconds by default but can be extended to 30 seconds under Gmail settings.
- How to Unsend Emails in Gmail on PC, Android, and iOS
- Cancel Gmail Web on PC Send Email
- Unsend Email in Gmail
- Gmail Unsend Email on iPhone/iPad
- Change the Recall Time for Emails
- Remember an Email in 30 Seconds
How to Unsend Emails in Gmail on PC, Android, and iOS
Cancel Gmail Web on PC Send Email
- Open Gmail online in a browser.
- Write an email and click Send when done.
- A pop-up will appear at the bottom left of the screen with options to View and Undo the message.
- Click Undo to retrieve the email.
- The email will be returned to drafts.
After a few seconds, the choice vanishes. So make hasty decisions. We also explain how to increase the time limit to 30 seconds below.
Unsend Email in Gmail
- Launch the Gmail app on Android.
- Send an email as usual.
- It will take you to the default discussion display.
- Click Undo in the bottom message bar.
- Return to the draft screen to edit, resend, or delete the email.
Gmail Unsend Email on iPhone/iPad
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Immediately after sending an email, you can Undo it.
- Click it to return your email to drafts.
- You have five seconds to remember the message before the option vanishes.
Change the Recall Time for Emails
You can alter the recall time in Gmail. You can set it to 10, 20, or 30 seconds depending on your tolerance for email delays.
- Go to mail.google.com.
- Click the gear symbol in the upper right.
- Select See all Settings
- Scroll down to Undo Send in the General tab.
- Select 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds from the drop-down box.
- Close the settings by clicking Save Changes.
Remember an Email in 30 Seconds
In Gmail, you can only remember an email after 30 seconds because that is the maximum delay allowed. Alternatively, you can send the email in confidential mode, which will expire at a certain time.
You can make an email expire after a day, week, month, etc. Once dispatched, the email’s contents expire at the specified time. You can also recall emails by deleting them manually.
Unsending an email in Gmail on Android, iOS, or PC was covered briefly. We’ve also explained how to recall an email in Gmail after 30 seconds. Hopefully, this helps folks who send emails incorrectly.