In this article, we will walk you through the process of adding an email address to your Gmail contacts and then editing the contact to add additional information, such as their name. The instructions below apply to Gmail when accessed via a browser on a desktop computer.
How to Add an Email Address to the Contacts List in Gmail
Apart from making a new contact’s information accessible on other devices, another reason to add them to Gmail is to ensure they are recognized by Google and not routed to spam. This article will demonstrate how to add an email address to your Gmail contacts.
- In Gmail, open a message from the sender you wish to save as a contact.
- Hover your cursor over the email’s sender’s name at the top.
- On the pop-up pane, click Add to Contacts.
- Select Edit Contact to add additional information about this contact. Enter the sender’s name and any additional information you may have about the individual. You are not required to complete all fields. You can always edit your entry later.
- Once you’ve entered all of the necessary information, save the new contact.
When you type a letter or two into the To field while composing a new email, Gmail automatically fills the field with addresses that match, saving you from having to manually look up addresses in your Contacts list. However, if you haven’t saved the address, Gmail will be unable to do so.
In Gmail, navigate to the Contacts tab
When you’re ready to expand or edit the contact information you currently have:
- To begin, open Google Contacts.
- In the search field, begin typing the contact’s name or email address. Gmail will suggest contacts that are a match. If Gmail does not suggest the appropriate contact, select it from the search results.
- The contact’s information is displayed. To edit a contact, click the pencil icon.
- Make the necessary modifications or additions. At the bottom of the contact screen, click Show more to reveal additional fields.
- Click Save.
Concerning Google Contacts
When you add a sender to Google Contacts, the information is synced across all of your computers and mobile devices, ensuring that it is accessible regardless of where you are or which device you use.
Take Control of Your Gmail Account With These Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
Once you’ve accumulated a collection of entries, you can organize, review, and merge them. Additionally, you can create personal mailing lists in order to send messages to groups without having to enter each member’s email address individually. You can always create new Gmail groups.