Digital marketing is a newer job in the age of social media and the internet. Almost every single industry needs digital marketers in order to stay relevant in today’s society. The digital marketer is responsible for a large portion of the business’s online presence. Whether they are focused on social media or website development is up to the business. Digital marketing is a term that casts a wide net and can include a lot of different responsibilities. There are different job roles in digital marketing, like marketing campaigns designing, maintaining, supplying the right content for an organization, engaging people through social media, checking and keeping visitors flow on the website. Digital marketing roles and responsibilities are there for developing strong and innovative digital marketing strategies using PPC, SEO, SEM, and other techniques to attract traffic to the company’s website and increasing awareness of company’s products and services.
Digital Marketing Executive
A digital marketing executive is responsible for looking into the online marketing strategies for the organization. They plan and execute marketing campaigns, and maintain and supply content for the organization’s website. Here is a list of digital marketing executive roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Manage organization’s website
- Optimize content for the website and social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc
- Track the website traffic flow and provide internal reports regularly
- Fix any error in online content and arrange webinars and webcasts
- Attend networking events and product launches.
- Identify new digital marketing trends and ensure that the brand is in front of the industry developments.
- Work on SEO of the website pages.
- Edit and post content, videos, podcasts, and audio content on online sites.
- Promote company’s product and services in the digital space.
- Execute social media efforts to improve KPIs, likes, shares, tweets, etc.
- Creating and executing SMS, and email-based marketing campaigns.
Digital Marketing Manager
The primary role of a digital marketing manager is to get the word about your brand out in the digital space. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a digital marketing manager:
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns that promote the products and services of a company.
- Enhance brand awareness in the digital space.
- Drive website traffic and acquire leads.
- Measure site traffic, identify and evaluate new digital technologies and optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and display & search advertising using web analytics tools.
Search Engine Optimizer – SEO Executive
The primary role of an SEO specialist or an SEO executive is to rank a website page on the search engine result page and to increase the website’s traffic. SEO sector is booming day by day, and SEO executive jobs will always be in demand. SEO executive roles will be available only in large companies with marketing departments. The SEO executive job role is available for all degree students, but it would be a plus point if you have a degree in digital marketing. You must have relevant experience and high level of technical skill. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of an SEO executive:
- Conduct on-site and off-site analysis of clients in various industries.
- Compile performances report using Google Analytics program.
- Keep attention to the updates of Google’s Algorithm.
- Contribute to the company’s blog for on-page and off-page optimization.
- Conduct keyword research according to the latest keyword research strategies.
Social Media Marketing Expert
A social media marketing expert is responsible for combining marketing and social media management to enhance the company’s social media presence, interaction with target audiences, promoting the brand’s engaging content, and expanding the opportunities for increasing the revenue. A social media marketing expert should have the understanding and knowledge of each social media platform, social media marketing strategies, and how to optimize content to make it engaging on the social media channels. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a social media marketing expert:
- Create social media marketing strategy and campaign by creating the content idea, budget planning, and implementation schedules.
- Promote the brand’s products and services on various social media channels.
- Build social media marketing strategy and execute it through competitive and audience research.
- Optimize company pages with each social media platform to increase the company’s social content visibility.
- Achieve audience engagement, website traffic, and revenue by exploiting all digital marketing aspects of social media marketing roadmap.
Digital Marketing Copywriter
There are many job roles of a copywriter. A digital writer produces the written content for web pages. They can work either as a freelance content writer or as an employee of a company. The copywriter can help the content team to refine their content and words used to get more reception, help the search engine marketer to write a better ad copy, help the social media manager with better words for posting on social media channels. Here are few jobs digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a digital copywriter:
- Tailor the content and style of writing assignments according to their purpose like sell or inform.
- Understand target audience because content writing is not for clients. It’s for the readers. So, a copywriter should understand the interests of the target audience.
- Work with different team to ensure quality results and quality visual elements of the web page complementing the words.
- Identifying interesting and fresh angles every time for an article.
- Write for blogs, web pages, social media, eBooks, slogans, and video script.
- Assist with the business pitches to win new clients and projects.
- Provide digital contents such as video, infographics, and images, etc.
Content Marketing Manager
A content marketing manager is responsible for content marketing. Managing blog, marketing campaigns, eBook publications, guest blogging, email communications, video marketing, sales page copywriting, etc. are the roles of a content marketing manager. Here are the brief descriptions of the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a content marketing manager:
- Create, edit and improve the content that audience is looking for and optimize the path to conversion.
- Deliver effective editorial plan and content marketing strategy to meet the business objectives. Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content development,
- categorization and structure, distribution and management.
- Measure and optimize on a regular basis to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Integrate content programs with brand campaigns to drive the demand for the brand.
- Develop editorial calendar.
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement.
- Analyse web traffic metrics.